Sunday, April 8, 2012

Juliet? Challenge Accepted!

im not what you'd call a girly  girl with pink frocks and all that. i like to think im a tomboy but according to some 'haters' im not. well, besides the point. anyway, a friend just posted a romeo type blog with a lot of feelings in it and since im the anti-feelings guru(yet my friends ask me for love advice????)i thought, y not? i can do this as well. so here i am, biting my lip and wishing i never placed this burden on myself but a challenge is a challenge.
                                                         To Him
             when we lay on the road gazing at the stars and the funny shapes the clouds were making,
              all i could think of was how much I wanted this to last for ever. The laughter, the silliness,
              the tentative touching. Like the softness of a butterfly's wing, your hand caressed my cheek
              and i was in danger of purring as you traced my features like a blind man on a discovery journey.
           
             Wordlessly, I expressed how much I needed you and how vulnerable being with you made me feel,
             you soothed my fears and promised not forever but for-us, there as long as we both were,
              I let go of my inhibitions since it was you i had been waiting for all this long. someone, not as perfect
             as a novel hero, but a real one for me. one who didn't promise stars but something we could attain.

            i fell fast, i  fell hard. deep down I was chastising myself for this recklessness but something that gave
           you wings couldnt be bad, i argued. my friends warned me, i was going too fast but i was wrapped up
           in the fairytale that was us. i had tasted heaven and not even wild hippos could drag me away from this
           bliss. but you had other ideas, the challenge was over and the victory stale. time to move on.......

          was this how Shakespeare's starcrossed lovers felt? an emptiness in the soul that never goes away,
          never goes away because you will never feel whole again. because part of you is gone, forever.
          you walk past me like nothing ever happened with another conquest wrapped around you and
           i  cant help but wonder if her fate is going to be like mine, or has Romeo finally found Juliet.
            

so, mine is sad but feelingy all the same.

1 comment: